You will be joining a software company, who deliver a different kind of technology solution for offenders within the prison and probation system. We operate in a fast paced, rapid change organisation with a wide international client base. With over 200,000 users worldwide, our evolving software is industry leading with impressive future growth plans. This is an exciting time for the company, where you will have the opportunity to express yourself, help shape the future of the company and transform an industry.
The role will suit an individual who enjoys working with international clients and wants the opportunity to develop their current skill set and further strengthen their technical knowledge.
Working as a software developer at Core Systems, you will work closely with customers and product owners, to design, develop and maintain existing and new software systems.
You will report to the Software Development Manager and work within one of our agile scrum teams.
You will also have the opportunity to work on a next generation product using some of the latest technologies including .net core, asp.net. This application will form part of our application portfolio serving over 200,000 users throughout the world helping to deliver solutions.
We have a strong team culture & supportive working environment, where every voice is heard and we actively encourage you to make a contribution within the organisation.
Our positive and collaborative environment provides every individual the opportunity to flourish and exceed beyond their expectations in a progressive organisation.
To be successful at Core Systems you will bring the following;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into deliverable products.
- Strong focus on quality.
You also should be able to demonstrate application development skills using the following languages/technologies;
- Working Knowledge of C# and software development best practices.
- .Net Core, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebAPI.
- SQL Server.
- Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Source Control (TFS/Git).
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
Experience of any of the following would be considered highly advantageous;
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Working knowledge of web servers and web application servers.
- Combination of experience in any of the following: Android, Java.
- Experience in the development of API’s.
- Experience in the development of microservices.
- Unit testing and test automation.
What you’ll get in return
- Base Salary £30k – £40k per annum.
- 32 days annual leave (increase to 36 days depending on length of service).
- Flexible working.
- Free parking.
- Enhanced pension scheme.
- Generous health & well-being package.
- Opportunity to develop and progress into a Scrum Master role.
- Support towards further professional studies and professional development.
- Permanent Full – time or Part – time role.
- Positive work life balance culture with a focus on health & well-being and a friendly working environment.
23rd December, 2019
How To Apply
Please send your CV to: